Friday, January 4, 2019


Well what's happening here you might ask, well if you cared that is.  I have PT today and I am still walking with a limp and using a cane for any distance.  I don't remember that happening with the last hip replacement but I am working very hard so it should get better soon.  

Yesterday was a pip!  I played Canasta with a group as a sub and won $1.25 and then last night I played bingo after dinner and won $32.00!  What a haul!

Murcia is here today.  I haven't told you about her before but she is my assigned cleaning lady.  She takes very good care of me.  My floors are white and show every little thing but she gets them spotless with her big (swiffer like) thingy.  I don't know exactly what it is but it's washable and looks like rubber.  Anyway she does a lovely job.  One thing... if a leaf falls off a plant she lifts it and dusts and then puts it back.  I think this is so funny I don't mention it to her.  She is from Haiti and has worked here 14 years.  I am lucky to have gotten her.

Tonight is the table I host at dinner.  All that means is that I make the reservation and make sure my people are going to attend.  I have seven regulars and I love all of them.  Sometimes if one or more can't come I invite someone new.  Also tonight is Prime Rib night.  The food is excellent.  There is always a fish of the day, always salmon, always Filet Mignon, always a second entree of the day, always a list of side dishes and vegetables of the day, two soups, a list of salads and desserts aplenty.  Still I am managing to lose a bit of weight as I don't eat large portions or junk food and I am exercising regularly.  Is there any wonder why I love it here so much?

Be well and I shall try to do the same...

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that we "dress" for dinner like on a cruise ship and there are four restaurants. I'm talking about the main dining room here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're happy about your new home. A great cleaning lady too. That's always a plus.

    Does Roche love the new digs?

    I hope your limp goes away and soon. I know you're working hard.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, honey. Love you bunches. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so happy for you Miss Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore hearing that you are getting better and love where you are living !
    Happy New Year.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!