Sunday, January 6, 2013

When you really want pizza...




Sometimes you get a craving that you just have to have a certain thing and nothing else will do.  If you try to avoid it you will probably just eat other stuff until you finally give in and then you have had way more calories than if you just had it in the first place.  But you can lighten it up, oh yes you can!



I got a small (4 pack) of crescent rolls (100 calories each) and made two pizzas by pressing it out really thin.  So each crust is 200 calories.  This foil is the non stick kind.  



I added jarred pizza sauce and red peppers because that's what I had on hand.  Add any veggies you want, I wish I had mushrooms but I already ate all of those!  The roasted onions would have been delicious too.



Some low fat Mozzarella cheese and into the oven at 425 for about 12-14 minutes or so.  This was in a preheated oven for exactly 13 minutes.  Honey it smelled so good cooking I almost swooned!



Voila, a 325 calorie pizza, well two of them so you can share.  And you can eat the whole pizza!  The last time I had a slice of pizza I even blotted the grease and it still made me sick.  This did not. And lucky me, I had one for lunch and the other for dinner with a salad.  I didn't even reheat it, just ate it room temperature.

I don't know what happened to the weather man yesterday but it never got over 73 degrees so no pool for me.  I was already in my suit and ready to go too.  It was damp and chilly.  But no fear I found things to do.  I always will too.  





19 comments:

  1. Hello Bee :)
    This looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pizza! 73 degrees that's positively hot compared to here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava Bee!!!!
    You are a great "pizzaiolo", the pizzamaker for low calories eaters....

    Brava,brava,brava!!!

    Big hgs, honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I really like most of the Lean Cuisine pizzas and the Paninis so I always have some in the freezer for a quick lunch on a busy, lovely order day. Your pizzas would be almost as quick but I could make it exactly like I want and maybe save some of the sodium! Brilliant!

    It never got over 50° here yesterday. Bugger. More of the same today, too. Hope you get to swim today! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly bear to discuss weather, but pizza...yum. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza is my favorite food, and something I will never give up. Even though I am on the bandwagon, I still go to my favorite pizza place once a week for lunch. My co-worker and I have been going there for years, and I knew I would be so unhappy if I couldn't continue. But now, I just plan for that lunch, and adjust my calorie intake at breakfast and dinner to stay within my daily allowance.

    When I dieted in the past, there were so many foods that were "forbidden" that I would feel sorry for myself after a few weeks and go back to my old habits. Now I don't have to deny myself something I really crave, I just have to plan for it and adjust my other meals accordingly. I have been on the plan for 5 months now, and that is longer than I have ever been able to stick with a weight loss method. (41 pounds gone - how many sticks of butter is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee the pizza looks great. I plan on trying it soon. Last night Mary Lou and I had to go to the hospital. My mother brought in with pneumia. That is not so good but she's where she can be treated properly. See you soon L hope.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good I am definitely going to make this! I love your recipe ideas, keeps me from getting into a food rut and then bingeing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Barb said about the Lean Cuisine Pizzas. They are good and about the same calories. I think yours has more pizza though. A much better option.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from rainy and cold California. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy. I need to get some of that foil.

    Big hugs from sunny Winter Garden, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made one with leftover pork and BBQ sauce. I love pizza. You can also do one with light ranch, chicken cooked in taco seasoning, and top it with lettuce, onion, and tomatoes. kind of like a skinny take on taco salad, but in a pizza form!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm mmm mm! that looks goooo-oood.
    it's 10 am and i haven't eaten yet today! i am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bee, The pizza looked good. You are really good about selecting foods that everyone likes. I have been doing well not craving the sugars as much. :) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good. Adding it to my new menu. luvs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding way to make a healthy pizza, Bee!

    Sorry the weather turned too chilly to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that sounded pizzalicious! ;-)
    I would have loved mushrooms on it as well. I do love mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Depending on how it's made, pizza can actually be an fairly healthy food...in moderation of course. We tend to eat a lot as for the time being, the deli across the street makes really awesome specialty pizzas with lots of veggies or S.D. will make skillet pizza with sourdough starter. Delicious though not quite as healthy as we could be eating.

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!