Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tuna - it's what's for dinner!


Have you tried the mayo with olive oil? 
Only 35 calories per tablespoon.


I don't really measure but it's not too mayo'y.
Is that a word?
Anyway I'd say about 100 calories for 1/2 cup with everything.


But if you pop it in a tomato
and add lettuce
and pickles - two kinds
a few olives
some carrots
and some celery?
Maybe a 1/2 serving of Special K crackers?
Well my friends -
You have a 250 calorie delight!

I'm sorry if it's cold where you are but it's really warm here and I just didn't want to turn on the oven so that's why I made the above salad.  

I don't have cards today so I'll be "you know where" enjoying myself.  

Less than two weeks until the bloggers cruise.  The duck is so excited.  I got an email from John Heald yesterday, he is so sweet.  He said he was thinking about us.  I never knew anyone like him, the most caring person, he is Carnival's spokesperson and Senior Cruise Director and we can't wait to see him again.  Last time Sarge and I got to have dinner with him one night and that is a great memory.

Well have a wonderful day y'all.  I sure know I will1

9 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWW, so nice of John Heald. I remember you always talking about him.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to come live with you. You have the best noms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sweet of John! I wish I were cruising with you! srsly!!

    I can't really do the tomato but I do love the fancy albacore tuna in water and just about everything else on the plate. I actually have tried that mayo but I mostly us the Hellmann's Low Fat... or Fat Free Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Yum. 15 calories in a tablespoon! And I LOVE that in lots of stuff... like chicken salad. mmm... now I want some chicken salad.

    It was raw and cold here yesterday. So glad you were warm. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold here yep. but it is new england and it is par for the course. It was very nice of John to send you a email. I am sure you and Duck will have a great cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty chilly here in the panhandle, but sunny. Not sure where we will be tonight, but we will head S. Your plate looks good to me. Haven't tried that mayo, but I use a lot of olive oil so I would probably like it. WPB on the 13th!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tuna plate is so pretty. I think I see tuna in my future. I look forward to hearing about your cruise. It's been cold here in east Texas and dreary. I need some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have basically the same dinner here now and then. It's indeed very, very good. Enjoy.

    Zane sent John Health a lengthy email after our last cruise and we never heard a word from him. I'm glad he treats you so well.

    Have a terrific day. Enjoy the warm. It will show up here shortly too and I shall enjoy it as well. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a yummy lunch. Might have to try that, or make my own mayo. I like all the different flavors on the plate. like an appetizer buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't have to be warm for me to enjoy a nice crisp salad, I can eat one any time. :)

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!