Thursday, December 27, 2018


So here I am two days in a row!  It's almost lunchtime and I haven't been up long.  I slept really hard last night if you know what I mean.  I am walking around the apartment without any cane or walker and doing a fair job of it but will continue to use the cane for a bit longer outside.

So if you remember I drive a 2010 Lincoln MKX that Sarge bought and it now has 23,000 miles on it.  I don't go far as you can see.  Well I need tires it seems and there is nothing wrong with the car otherwise so I went about pricing them.  I started with the Lincoln dealership where they happily quoted me $1100.00.  For four tires.  Yikes.  Well finally I asked the Duck if he knew any tire people and it turns out he does so I am now waiting for my four new tires to arrive to go get them installed for just a bit over $450.00.  I don't need high performance tires, I don't drive on ice or very fast or very far and I don't know how much longer I will keep the car so that's what I'm getting.  I don't remember what kind they are but Good something, like Goodyear of Goodrich, not sure.  It really IS who you know.

Tonight I shall dine with my Thursday friends,  I have a group T-W-Th-F-S, mostly different people.  The Friday table is mine and I have seven people.  Sunday and Mondays I stay home and cook usually.  I get 20 meals a month and could buy more but I still like to cook so I don't usually.

Someone asked me this morning if I'd ever pair up with another guy.  My answer was "never say never" but I'm sure NOT looking.  I don't want to be a purse or a nurse.  It would be nice to have a guy to hang out with sometimes but if it is to happen it will, I'm not looking.

Have a great day y'all.  I will too for sure.  I'll try to post more often too!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, two days in a row. I'm impressed.

    I'm glad you're doing well.

    Way to go on the tires. Dealerships always charge twice as much. It's the way they roll.

    Zane is my one and only and I'd not want anyone else. I'm sure of that.

    Have a fabulous day, honey. Know that I love you bunches. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having a great time Miss Bee, am glad you recuperation is going so well and that you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see that you are back blogging Bee. I wasn't sure if you were every going to go back to blogging. I enjoyed hearing your voice on Christmas day. The fact that you are using a cane made me feel that you and I are like brother and sister. LOL. You would be my older sister though.
    Now where has your dentist friend that I remember telling us about? Is he no longer in your life? I'm glad that you remember both Mary Lou and me. I doubt that you could ever remember me especially my comment..... Remember what's his name . Time to go my wonderful friend. I have to begin coming my granddaughter's special Italian dinner, Ragatoni and meatballs. That was her asking me because it's her birthday and she's turning 13 years old. OH my God 13 years old. I'm getting old I guess. See ya Bee.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat! Good to hear more about your life. I bought a new car almost two years ago now, and it has 5300 miles on it. It's leased, and I'm required to bring it in once a year to keep the warranty. They laughed at me last time I did. So I went to the grocery store more. It's five miles away. Good job on those tires!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been buying my tires from Sam's Club for 20 years, at least. It includes lifetime rotation, repairs and a warranty.

    I only drive about 2,000 miles a year. I work from home, of course, and I hate shopping so there ya go. Mostly we do little day-trips or little weekend getaways to visit nearby towns with interesting historical districts or maybe a fun train ride, etc. Lately, I've been doing the Walmart Grocery pickup and other than that I mostly shop for everything else on Amazon. I never go into a Walmart if I can help it but my mother likes to go every now and then and I take her since she's not driving anymore. However, the grocery pickup service is Free and so wonderful. I order on the iPhone app and schedule the pickup. They do the shopping for me and text me when it's ready. I click the button when I'm on my way. It's a whole mile away. I pull in to the parking lot and they bring it out and load it into my car. Now if they'd just come out with putting the groceries away for me, too, that would really be something! haha!

    Have a lovely day, sweet Bee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!