Thursday, August 16, 2018


So last night's movie was LBJ.  I had never seen it and I did like the movie but I couldn't help thinking about how much Sarge disliked that man.  Not for his civil rights bill but over Viet Nam.  He always said we could have easily won that war (war - not police action as they like to call it) and how so many died for nothing and we ran with our tails between our legs and left the South Vietnamese to fend for themselves, horrible outcome.  When we went there he truly believed it was the right thing to do.  Right or wrong that's what he thought.  It was a tossup which he disliked more, LBJ or Jane (Hanoi) Fonda.  Then he died from Agent Orange.  So tragic.  73 years old.  He should have had many more good years.  He worked hard all his life for that retirement and was cheated out of it.  

Anyway I did enjoy the movie and got to see Ryan too.  Now I'm off to see Dr. Wacks for the second part of my physical.  I have lost weight.  I can't wait to see how much!

Have a great day y'all.  I will too for sure...

8 comments:

  1. Sarge was right !

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarge was right. Sarge was always right.

    Love you honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for losing weight! Al and I are starting on my healthy eating plan tomorrow. Fingers crossed he doesn't throw in his resolve after 2 days because I really don't want to have to cook 2 meals--1 for him and 1 for me! Oy!

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarge was right. And for all those service men who got cancer from agent orange, it is a disgrace that they were exposed to something that was known to be toxic. The military has much to be ashamed of with respect tot hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie, what's his name. Remember that Bee. I look at the photos that are on our wall about our cruises and there so many of you and Charlie with John Heald, the captains of Carnival, etc. Those were wonderful times in my life. I still think of Sarge Charlie and how good he thought about me. Those were the times. Yes, if it hadn't been for agent orange, Charlie might be still with us. I think about you, Bee often. See ya my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee, Your Sarge was not the only Viet Nam vet that felt that way. Our service people fought, suffered and died over there...for what? Or came home with something that would take their lives later. Plus not be welcomed back by many. How dare we?
    Hope you are loving the new area and all the games you get to join in on. Blessings and much good luck with Dr. Wacks. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarge was spot on. I still miss that man. Yay for your weight loss. You rock!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!