Thursday, August 1, 2013


This is the duck last Sunday.  I forgot to post it before, sorry.  Anyway we had a nice time.

Our girl is doing very good, getting around with Sarge's walker and even getting her own glass of water now, stuff like that.  She is going to be so good soon, I can see it coming.  Small victories happening all the time now too.

I hate to have nothing to talk about but other than going to the pool for a bit and going to the fruit stand and the drugstore and staying home, well, that's all that's happening right now.  It'll change soon though, very soon.

My friend had open heart surgery yesterday, one of my canasta gals.  She did okay on the surgery but then had a big problem after and almost died.  As of this time she is in ICU and stable.  That is so upsetting, she is a sweetheart and one of my dearest friends and right now I can't even go see her but that will change soon too.

Oh, another thing, I think I forgot in all the stuff around here, another of my canasta friends jumped off her balcony Friday.  The 11th floor.  It was not pretty at all.  She lost her husband and her son and was estranged from the remaining son and recently had her meds taken away by her doctor.  It was just too much.  And the remaining son is a big shot attorney in DC so I imagine that doctor hasn't heard the last of this.  Buggers.

So that's it for all the horrible stuff and my girl's good stuff so here's hoping your Thursday is tits, mine will be fine, I promise...

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear D#1 is progressing - it is a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buongiorno!
    Dramatic stuff about your friends, life is so hard for many people!
    Glad that Duck is feeling good and the girl is doing good and quickly!

    Have a serene Thursday!

    Big hugs for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of the Duck. So glad to hear your daughter is doing well, and your friend after her surgery. What a terrible thing to have happened to your other friend, she must have felt so very desperate to have done such a thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. That's just so Terribly sad...
    Good progress for your girl!!! It just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, that is sad to lose a friend that way. Good on your daughter, best to get up and about as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! So sad about your friend who jumped. I hope your canasta friend will be out of ICUS and on the mend soon. And I'm SO glad to hear of D#1's continuing improvement! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...That is a horrible story. Personally, I'd rather just hear about the fruit, roche and the pool. Seriously, I am sorry for the loss of your friend and hope that your other friend gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Miss Bee... I am so sorry to hear about your two friends. So sad. But am glad for the rays of hope shining for D#1. Stay positive and know you are thought of and loved everyday from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh... Just horrible about your canasta friend. So tragic to think that anyone feels so alone with no other options. Just terrible.

    Wonderful to hear D#1 is progressing so nicely! YAY! Old Chickie Duck looks quite well and happy, too!

    Enjoy your day in Paraside! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bee, I was shocked at the news of your friends. Praying the lady in ICU recovers fully. Sad about the other lady..wish her son could have been there for her.
    Glad your girl is doing so well. Duck just looks so good these days. Take care, swim and walk when you can. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about both your friends. That's just terrible. I hope your friend in ICU gets better soon. I'll pray for her.

    I'm so happy your daughter is getting better. Yes, it's the small victories indeed.

    Have a terrific day honey. Super big loving hugs coming your way. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. A lot to deal with, good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Bee, that is so sad about your canasta friend being so unhappy that she completed suicide. my heart goes out to her for being in such pain that she thought that was the only way to stop hurting.

    Hope that your other friend in the ICU recovers.

    ((hugs)) and thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!