Thursday, July 17, 2014


Wow yesterday had some excitement around here.  I heard the toilet running, you know, here and there, nothing big but I decided to see about it.  I took off the top and started to fool around with some stuff and blam!  Water started shooting to the ceiling.  I managed to get it stopped but it wasn't working at all any more so I called a plumber and they said they could come in the afternoon.

I went downstairs to do my project in the manager's office about seeing where we could save some money on the telephones and I told the door person to tell me when Steve and Jane got here.  When I finished I asked her if they came yet and she said they had.  Oops, she forgot to tell me.

I hurry upstairs and sure enough, the same thing happened to them.  Lucky for me Steve can fix about anything and it was already completely repaired as good as new and ready for me to cancel the plumber.  Then he changed a cable wire for me so that was the last one and now none show.  He got a pretty nice tip too!

So then finally I get to go swim and after 35 minutes in the pool it started to rain.  I got out and decided to wait a bit and see if it would stop so I could finish but no, it only rained harder.  And harder.  And blew sideways.  Then I gave up and came back upstairs to shower and relax.  And then the sun came out.  Some day, huh?

Today I have canasta and then I am going to dinner with the (self appointed) mayor (of the pool) and his lovely bride to try to use up a gift certificate before it expires.  I won it in a raffle on the sports day at the Fern House.  

And that, my dear friends, is what happened in my world.  What about yours?

9 comments:

  1. What a day ! Happy it had a good ending.
    thehamish and I both have eye appointment I am so excited woo hooo !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was quite the day! Glad your toilet got fixed, the sun came back out, and hope Canasta goes well, and you have a delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there is anything worse than a toilet on the fritz, especially if it's after hours. Glad Steve was able to fix it...
    Rain freak that I am I probably would've stayed in the pool, except for the wind. We had so much fun in Kaua'i walking in the rain and just being silly. And I live in a dry, arid desert. What is the matter with me?
    Have a happy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do adore a handy dandy handy man. ANd he cleans, too? Does he cook, too? bahahahaha!

    Have another perfect day in WPB... aka Paradise. And your sky photos are gorgous lately. Lucky you!

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy day! Plumbing problems are the pits, so glad Steve got everything fixed for you. Enjoy your dinner out with friends. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Lou found a handy man to help fix some things in the house and he's a wonder. He's brilliant and at the same time is a very thoughtful and caring person. I don't get it Bee. You're in the pool that has water and it starts raining that's water and you get out of the pool because it's raining. Oh well. Ha,ha,ha.
    Glad that your toilet if fixed. Mary Lou said that you fix a toilet like I fix a toilet. I end up breaking it and having to call a plumber. LOL
    Have a great day you wonderful friend of mine. See ya.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, let's see. I cleaned out some of my drawers in my bedroom. Some of that stuff I didn't even know I had. All nice and tidy now. Then I did a loud (very large load) of laundry. All folded and put away. Then I goofed off most of the rest of the day. Not nearly as exciting as your day.

    Have a fabulous day honey. I'm so happy you enjoy Roche so much. Big hugs to you and my very best to Roche. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geysers of water are not a good thing! Been there--done that. I know exactly where that water turn off knob is located, down at the base of the toilet :-)

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!