Sunday, June 22, 2014


Oboy is this delicious!
My latest Costco find.


There are eight containers of 1/2 cup each
in there for ten bucks.  And it's delicious!

I hope they keep stocking it because I am so happy to have found it.  I also got a set of sheets for the new couch in case I ever get it and a bathing suit and some flip flops and some shrimp and a full tank of gas (at $3.51.9 a gallon).  Very productive I'd say. 

Then I was so hot I changed and went straight to the pool, it felt soooo good.  I love having Saturdays off from cards!  But the next two Saturdays I am filling in for someone but still.

So yesterday was the longest day of the year.  I love it when it is light out later at night, I don't feel like going to bed so early.  

I got a comment recently from my cousin Jackie in Jacksonville (hi Jackie!) but I don't know how to contact him.  If he reads this I hope he will email me so I can contact him.  And yes Jackie, that redhead knows how to comment but usually doesn't! Ha ha.  And Pete and Mike were my parakeets when I was little, don't you remember them? One was green and one was blue.

Don't forget I will be at sports today rooting on the home team whichever one it is.  I hope they have cake there.  Do you think they will?  It's in Miami.  I am a sports jock now (or joke).

Hope your Sunday is totally tits.  Mine will be for sure.  You can count on it!

9 comments:

  1. I adore chicken salad. ADORE. Here's a little tip to have shredded chicken for any recipe you want to make in a flash... Toss a bunch of chicken breasts into the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Add about 1/2 cup water or chicken broth. (You could season it now if you want but I don't since I don't know how I'll be using it later). When it's done, shred it with the paddle attachment in your Kitchenaide or with a couple of forks. Freeze your lovely, moist shredded chicken in freezer ziplocks or small containers for individual size portions to use in any way you want whenever you want it! Fabulous!

    I never made the pool yesterday. But I did buy new jammies.

    Have yourself a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a chicken salad recipe making the rounds at church potlucks a few years ago. It was shredded chicken, red grapes halved, walnuts, mayo and seasoning. I've made it with rich grain bread for sandwiches. Great change from tuna...
    Enjoy your soccer game, or whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee, I may be looking for those food products. Sounds good. I know what you mean about staying up longer in summer. I like to drink in the last bit of daylight. My granddaughter has two parakeets also in green and blue. :):) I do know their names. But she loves them. Have a fun day, this is another long day but they will be getting shorter, bummer. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken salad sounds wonderful! I'll have to look for that.
    You've lost 87 lbs? Girl, that is awesome! Congratulations.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I live just south of Jacksonville, but no longer know a Jackie. I did once, and married him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool on the salad. It does sound good.

    I want to hear about all the sports you will know about at the end of today. I'm sure we'll all get a kick out of your assessment.

    Have a fabulous Sunday. Big hugs to you and my very best to Roche. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie = john-3rd@usa.net. I do remember the parakeets. Didn't Pete talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, that chicken salad does look good. If I ever go to Costco I will look for some. Enjoy the ball game the best you can. You'll be with the Duck, I bet you'll have fun! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to try that chicken salad. I love that stuff. Seriously.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!