Saturday, August 17, 2013


I have always loved shadows.  And palm trees.  This was the parking lot on my way home from canasta yesterday.  I think it's really cool.

So I let a few people know the scooter is for sale and I have two people interested already.  We'll see what happens now.  Apparently the guy selling them is out of stock until fall sometime.  Seems like a good time to sell it.  Shipping it will be hard though but I'll get the duck to help me with that.  Then I'll take the car back out to the guy that installed the lift and have that removed and the car will be like new again.

For the past few days I have been really hungry.  More than usual.  I'm not sure why but I have tried to eat healthy choices even if I went over in calories a bit.  I don't think it's just wanting something, I feel really hungry.  I have only lost 5 pounds in the last six months and that is disheartening but at least it's a loss and not a gain.  

What I need to do is go back over what I ate when I was losing more and switch to that.  Luckily I track everything so it'll be easy to do.  I know I am getting enough exercise and people have commented that I am shaped much differently now and I am very strong so I'm trying not to let this get me down.  But sometimes.... well, you know.

Hope your Saturday is lovely.  I know mine will be.  I'll be at the pool!

11 comments:

  1. Ours will be, except for a funeral after lunch. Heading S to see my sister, then the famdamily reunion tomorrow. Fun!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Bee losing weight as you close in on your magic number is very hard. But think those 5 pounds are your 20 sticks of butter GONE! so that is great. Your body may just be settling at the weight that is right for you. You've done such a fabulous job, and I know how hard it is. I lost 100 pounds and as much as I'd like to lose another 25 my body stopped. Since I lost Abby I have not wanted food and lost 10 more pounds but this is not the way to lose weight. You're doing great and have regained your health so that is a lot to be shouting down the house with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps your body thinks it is small enough now. Being strong is the important part, as we age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buongiorno!
    diet is very important, but do not forget to enjoy a lifestyle with plenty of exercise, walking, outdoors, and not many hours of sitting!
    Every sitting hour and one...yard walking and back!!!
    Have a lovely Saturday!

    Big hugs, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANGEL ABBY could be correct Bee. You might be reaching the level for your body. Five lbs doesn't sound that much bit I remember someone ( You ) telling me way back that no matter the amount you lose, you are losing and I've kept that thought in my mind even though I'm losing a half a pound or less my friend told me it's still a loss. With all the pressures regarding my mother I'm still trying to lose buts its been a struggle. Every time I want to give up, I think of you my beautiful friend.
    I went for my yearly physical and my doctor was so happy, even excited. He asked me how I did it and guess how? I told him about you and he said you were my life giver and I said I agree with him. You have no idea of what you've done for many of us.
    Smile Bee and be happy each and every day. God has to be so happy with you and I"m sure that Charlie is also smiling. Boy do I miss that man. See you soon eventually. Bye.

    Your thankful friend

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the shadow palm tree photo. It looks like an "artsy" special effect. How neat that it is real. You really are living in paradise. Palm trees always make me smile, as they instantly evoke vacation memories. (No palm trees here in Nashville, you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo. That's a perfect shadow.

    Follow your body's signals. My guess is that your metabolism is increasing. It's a good thing! It says you're stronger and more active!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you'll get the scooter sold and away very soon. Good for you. You don't need it anymore. that rocks.

    As for the weight loss. Perhaps your body is happy where it is and doesn't want to lose anymore. Everyone has an ideal weight and perhaps you're there.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous and you are doing all the right things! Look at all the people, including me, whose lives have improved because of your example! And you are still losing, looking and feeling great, and selling that scooter! Big smile!

    D#1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bee, That is a beautiful picture. Maybe you just need more protein. Isn't protein suppose to stave off hunger. Don't forget to drink lots of water too. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes when you're changing shape and firming up you don't actually lose weight you lose inches and that's good. Love the palm tree photo. x

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!