Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Yesterday I made this soup and I want to tell you it is seriously delicious.  I mean you would not believe there was no cream in it at all.  I cut back on the water and the oil and a nice sized bowl is only 40 calories.  Very filling too.  I can't wait to try it chilled!  Oh, and I found Vidalia onions so I bought a big bag of those and that's what I used.  If you are on the bee bandwagon please give this a try:

Two onions simmered (covered) until soft in a tablespoon of oil and a bit of water, then add one head of cauliflower with core removed and cut into pieces, 3 1/2 cups of water, pinch of salt and pepper, simmer the whole thing until soft.  Whir in blender (several batches) and it will burn you if you don't hold the top of the blender down with a towel.  Don't ask me how I know.

Today is canasta and poker.  After last week I really can't expect to win again but that's okay, it all evens out in the end I think.  And if I do win, all the better.

Have a great Tuesday y'all.  I will too, you can count on that!

14 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. I like cauliflower so much.
    Great idea.
    I make a Japanese potato salad that uses a dash of Japanese mayo but you mash the potatoes with a fork leave it chunky and that takes the place of Mayo. It is so good.

    cheers, parsnip


    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my immersion blender now instead of a blender. Years ago I made the mistake of putting too much in the blender when I made my butternut squash soup... Owie! For a bit of added nutrition and flavor I think might try this but use vegetable broth instead of water.

    And that reminds me, I haven't made my either of my squash soups in some time! They are also both good chilled!

    Have yourself a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Green Goddess Zucchini Soup

      Apparently, I've never posted the recipe for Butternut Squash Soup. I will later, because I'll be making it!

      Delete
  3. I love making soup and I've done the burn thing with the blender OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Bee
    You look so beautiful! I am just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup sounds good and I'm sharing the recipe with my daughter, too. She's avoiding dairy due to grandbaby's allergies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup sounds good indeed and I know how you love your soup. Chilled soups even better.

    Have a terrific day. Big hugs from warm and sunny California. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee, I love that you passed on the hint about using a towel..we learn the hard wya sometimes.:):) Hope you win at cards. Take care. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this sounds good! Will have to try it...with my immersion blender. Love that thing!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious and I will try this soon! I'm glad you posted the link to the original recipe. It gave a few hints about using broth or immersion blenders (and why not to do so.) Did you know cauliflower is a perfect protein, meaning it has all nine essential amino acids? This soup couldn't be a more perfect meal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, Sounds yummy! I might add a touch of curry to mine, as curry complements cauliflower so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cream of cauliflower! (without cream) Yum! We have love pureed vegetable soups and sometimes with cream and sometimes without.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Bee!
    A use to do the same, oil or fat way after cooking, so the soup is tasty!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!