Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to the duck!


Happy Birthday to the duck today!  He's 42.  I think.  I always have to count back from when we got the black cat to be sure.  (JK Chuck)  Anyway he's a great son and I wish him the very bestest birthday ever!  Oh, and what did I get him you may ask?  An iPhone 5 of course.  What else?  He does so much for me all the time and I so appreciate it.

Well I decided to run my errands yesterday and went to the bank, the bead store (!) and the fruit stand.  I was cut off in traffic not once, not twice, but three times in my 7 mile round trip.  Funny thing, they all had the same bumper stickers too.  I wonder why that is?  And don't tell anyone but the third time?  I seriously considered ramming that car.  Okay, I'm done, sorry for the rant.

Remember our veterans tomorrow on Veteran's Day please.  Thank them for their service.  I will call Sarge's friends that he called every year.  It was a great time for him, he loved doing that.  The first time anyone ever thanked him for his service was an elderly man in Texas on our way to the west coast about ten or so years ago.  And yes, you read that right, that was the first time.  Sad state of affairs.

There is a big deal going on at the National Cemetery where he is interred.  There will be hundreds of people there.  You can't take your car in, you have to park elsewhere and take a shuttle.  

Have a lovely Saturday y'all.  I know I will too.

18 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww, What a great photo.
    Happy Birthday to the Duck !
    I always say let there be cake but I am not sure if you will have a slice of cake ! So let there be non fat yogurt ?

    On Monday there is a parade here in Tucson. I will check out the route and see if it is somewhere I can drive to easily and a place my walker can get to.
    I will also make a donation to the USO.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Chuck!!!


    He is really a lovely son...!!!

    Have an amazing Saturday!!

    Big hugs tou both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happyt Birthday Chuck!
    It's my grandson Harry's birthday today too! :)

    Have a good day Bee. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Chuck! I hope there's going to be cake sometime! Just in case there isn't, maybe I should have some for you! I hate rude drivers. Especially if it's me. Not on purpose, of course. Have a YAYful day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to the duck! Lucky ducky... An iphone5. My son just got it and loves it!

    My younger sons civics teacher is a veteran. He was in Iraq. We brought in cookies and a thank you note to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Chuck celebrates his birthday on the same day as the US Marines.

    Happy Birthday, Chuck

    and, Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps.

    JK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happily Birthday to the Duck! Have a great day, Bee. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice son!!! Happy Birthday Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. " HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK " and by the way your photo looks fantastic. Congratulations in what you've done with your weight. You and Bee really made get going in the " My Fitness Pal" and I'm so thankful for you both.

    Good morning Bee. I wonder why our two countries give the same thought to the same respect idea, Veteran's Day ( U.S. ) and Remembrance Day ( Canada ). I've never understood that.

    Mary Lou & I are going to Windsor to pick up the door handle material. Now we have to get someone to put it together. I'm lousy putting things together especially since I put the screwdriver in where it should never have been, and I got s big shock. Mary Lou told me never to do it again. What a goof I was.

    What a mother, a iPhone 5. I can't say mom to you. We are close to the same age. Hey sis when do I get mine? Ha, ha, ha. Laughing aren't you Bee. That's it from Amherstburg my lovely friend from Florida. See you.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Chuck,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    My son is 42 also and was born August 1, 1970.

    I always thank our military for their service. Always.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bee, I had a Vietnam Vet at my desk yesterday, he is one of my favorite cranky customers, as he was leaving I remembered to tell him Happy Veteran's Day, his thank you was loud and proud and made my day!! I will be thinking of Sarge and all of our other wonderful Veterans this weekend. Happy Birthday Chuck!!

    Hugs,

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Chuck. YOu are looking great!
    Must be something in the air: I am finding drivers inattentive these days here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your son! and a big pffftt to the nasty rude drivers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We bought a poppy today from the local VFW folks and thanked them for their service. A woman passing by us commented on how nice we were Turned out she is currently serving in the AF and how most folks don't give them the time of day. Such a shame.

    Big happy birthday to OCD... Here's a lifetime left of happiness for him!

    Hugs to you, too! Next time ram them. You have more insurance...bwahahahahahahh! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Chuck! You're looking so handsome! And Bee...the bead store??!!??! Yay!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. My phone wouldn't let me post this yesterday, but Happy Birthday to the Duck!

    Big hugs to you both, honey...

    ReplyDelete

you know i love comments, don't be shy! and if you are a spammer that got through, buggers to you. get a life somewhere else!